Braces can be a scary thing, especially for kids and teens. However, braces help many issues such as jaw misalignment and crooked teeth. In the long run, braces help to boost people’s confidence and can even fix a variety of oral health concerns such as decreasing the risk of tooth decay and periodontal disease.
Who needs braces?
People of all ages can get braces. While most commonly teens receive orthodontic treatment, adults and kids can get them too! It is most commonly recommended to get braces between 10 to 15 years of age. However, this all depends on each individual’s dental history and mouth structure. If you are experiencing any of the following, you may want to learn more about receiving orthodontic treatment:
- Overcrowding: not enough space in your mouth to accommodate your teeth
- Gaps or spaces: when teeth do not fill your mouth properly
- Overbite: the upper teeth bite too far over the bottom teeth
- Underbite: the lower teeth protrude in front of the upper teeth
- Crossbite: when upper and lower teeth do not align properly
- Open bite: space between the biting surfaces in the front or side teeth
- Misplaced midline: the center of your upper front teeth does not align with the center of your bottom front teeth
If you are struggling with any of the above, Grafton Orthodontics would love to meet with you and discuss treatment options. Treatment options and length varies from person to person. The best way to determine if you need orthodontic care is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Amanda Olejniczak. Dr. Amanda Olejniczak and her team will complete a full examination and take digital x-rays to determine the best treatment method for you.
We want to create a plan that fits your needs, budget, and goals. To learn more, call 262.377.8950.